All the hype right now is around Live video. And most marketing buzz is around using video for creating awareness for your brand. There’s definitely great value there and I encourage you to integrate video in those areas of your marketing.
But let’s put a pin in that for a minute and give some much deserved attention to other areas where video can help your business grow.
In this special episode of Madalyn Sklar’s Video Like A Rockstar Mini-Series, I share some strategies and tactics for using video in other places for your business like lead generation, and customer delight.
Some Quick Takeaways:
- Get over your perfectionism – be casual and conversational. The “video” piece is no different than having a talk with a friend over coffee, so don’t let that be a mental hurdle for you. People even like that more bc it’s genuine and authentic. If you’re too formal or overproduced, people will be less interested
- Keep it simple. You don’t need expensive equipment or a studio setup. You can start with your phone (bonus tip: checkout @lovehandle) or your webcam. @teamvidyard is a great free tool to try from your computer.
- Stay ready, don’t get ready. It’s cool if you have a big production setup, but if it’s gonna take 30 minutes to set up, then you’re not gonna want to go through the hassle as often. Have a simple setup that makes shooting your videos as quick as turning on your camera
- Practice! You’ll only get better if you get in the reps. Use customer and audience questions for your inspiration and just record yourself talking to the camera as if you were FaceTiming a friend and answering that question. If it turns out well, then you can publish it! If not, no harm done but you got in the practice!
- Don’t let unanswered questions turn into obstacles that derail your customer’s path to success. Answer their questions with quick video snippets to help them stay on track. H / T to @jameswedmore for this concept.
Want To Get Started With Video But Feel A Little Lost Or Camera Shy?
Then you should definitely checkout Madalyn's course, Video Like A Rockstar where she'll walk you through step by step so that you’ll break through your fear and feelings of overwhelm around.